[Sidefx-houdini-list] auto rig scale

Simon Barrick simon at primalpictures.com
Mon Dec 3 11:34:08 EST 2007

Well all the defaults, such as they are, for everything except perhaps
dops seem to work with the assumption that everything is roughly around
the scale of 1. E.g shadow bias (this may have changed in H9) So making
things larger usually menas tweaking lots of values that otherwise you
don't need to touch. The down side to this is that making everything of
scale 1 doesn't give you much room for variation in size. If things get
too small sops start behaving weirdly so working at a size of 1 isn't
ideal.
In the end perhaps you just need to be aware that there is no perfect
size to work at and deal with the issues as they come up...