[Sidefx-houdini-list] combining xp and linux texture paths

Abdul-Kareem Abo-Namous anamous at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:03:30 EDT 2007

you have to mount the (smb) network share in linux, and create a symbolic
link to it in a location that resembles the unc path. so if your unc share
is //myserver/myshare, you mount that in linux (choose a mount point),
create a directory at root (/) level called myserver, and in it create a
directory called myshare, and then a symbolic link to you mount point, such
as

ln -s /bla/yourmountpoint myshare

that gives you the share, accessible under /myserver/myshare. when the OS
tries to resolve the path //myserver/myshare, it discards the first slash,
ending up in the mounted volume, thus accessing the same files as a windows
machine using unc.

hope that's readable :)
br,
Abdelkareem