[Sidefx-houdini-list] Recursive cookie in many axis

sidefx at trinix.ca sidefx at trinix.ca
Sun Aug 26 11:33:18 EDT 2007

I'm hesitating about using a recursive mechanism to break objects apart
for a volume object that has to be cut in many axis, not only in the same
plane like a window. I tried it but the result wasn't an artistically
viable solution.

My conclusion is, if it's for background chunk objects then it can be
usefull. If it's for "hero chunks" or even for mid distance chunks then
you need to decide where the cutters are.

I wonder what you think about it and does anyone have an idea how we could
cut  procedurally an object such as a sphere to make it look as if made of
stone with nice turbulence deformation. It would be even better if we
could provide the chunk's density by setting an attribute on a point cloud
or volume primitive in world space inside the object but it's probably an
utopian idea.

Thanks for feedbacks

François