[Sidefx-houdini-list] music to geo

Marcos Kotlhar kikohoudini at escritorioemcasa.net
Sat Aug 25 11:05:39 EDT 2007

If all you want to do is deform geometry to a chop wave like sound,
simple chopf() on a point sop will do the trick. In my experience a
combination of Parametric EQ and the envelope chop do a great job at
isolating sound frequencies just keep in mind that low sound freqs
happen around 50hz and high ones do all the way up to 30khz.

The only problem with using chopf() is that you get deformation of
the entire surface. If you want a wave "travelling" effect you have
to mess around with our geometry in chops.

Best,
Mk