[Sidefx-houdini-list] fracturing a grid with polygonal curves?

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Fri Aug 24 18:23:38 EDT 2007

Thanks Mario and Andrew for the advice.  Prior to posting I had tried
the Cookie approach by closing each curve (ensuring to keep clear of the
grid's bounding box), extruding a volume and then doing the boolean.
Couldn't quite get it to work.  Mario, for implementing your algorithm,
will a pure vex solution outperform doing it via SOPs and expressions?
Or do I need to go the HDK to see an appreciable speedup?

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]