[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs versus POPs?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:53:31 EDT 2007

 I prefer to do what I can in straight POPs just because it's a lot
easier dealing with local variables etc. DOPs still has a few holes
with regards to easily doing things like randomizing forces per
particle etc. that are trivial in POPs.

Having said that, it is cool you can combine things and use POPs in
combo with everything else, as appropriate... I'm doing particle
fluids right now and having POPs be able to affect them, using forces
etc, is what puts Houdini's fluid particles ahead of everyone else's
by far.

Cheers,

Peter B