[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs versus POPs?

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 21 13:43:28 EDT 2007

In 9 it's pretty straight forward to blend the two systems together. The
most obvious advantage of dops is the caching. Even if you want to stick
with pops solutions it's handy to import that into dops and have a
scrubbable particle system.

PeterR

On Tue, 2007-21-08 at 11:38 -0600, Darran Edmundson wrote:
> I've just finished watching Craig's awesome DOPs DVD ... again.  Near
> the end of the lessons, it strikes me that a lot of the free space
> examples could equally be accomplished with POPs.  I realize (and love
> the fact) that there's always multiple ways to do something in Houdini.
>   I'm curious though, is there a consensus about when to use DOPs versus
> POPs?  As cpu power increases, are people starting to use DOPs more and
> more in places that would have once been the domain of POPs?
>
> Cheers,
> Darran.

"everything is coincident"
"Easy, is not how you make a living."