[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs versus POPs?

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Tue Aug 21 13:38:30 EDT 2007

I've just finished watching Craig's awesome DOPs DVD ... again.  Near
the end of the lessons, it strikes me that a lot of the free space
examples could equally be accomplished with POPs.  I realize (and love
the fact) that there's always multiple ways to do something in Houdini.
  I'm curious though, is there a consensus about when to use DOPs versus
POPs?  As cpu power increases, are people starting to use DOPs more and
more in places that would have once been the domain of POPs?

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]