[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra procedural question

Fred Valleur fred.valleur at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:08:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to know if Mantra is able to flush geometry created via a
procedural.
I have a Mantra procedural which creates points at render time. It is
applied to different objects in the scene. I would have thought Mantra was
able to flush the memory allocated by the procedural for one object ( once
it was rendered for example).

Quoting  the include file "VRAY_Procedural.h" : "//The render method may be
called more than once during a render to regenerate the geometry".

I'm not sure what that comment means, since to regenerate geometry Mantra
should delete it first.

I allocated my geometries via the allocateGeometry method but it seems
Mantra  fills the memory and never flush any geometry, at least in my case.

Am I missing something obvious?

   Thanks,

   Frederic.

--