[Sidefx-houdini-list] Seeking Houdini TD for remote job ...

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Thu Aug 16 21:53:54 EDT 2007

EDM Studio (www.edmstudio.com) is a small design firm based out of
Calgary, Canada that creates technology and AV-centric interactives for
museums.  We've got a project running from September-November that
requires a photo-real 1920x1080 animation of the geologic formation of a
mountain, erosion of the mountain by glaciation, and finally a massive
rock slide in which one face of the mountain comes down.  All told about
60s of footage, half for the geology sequence, half for the slide.

While I've used Houdini for nearly a decade, other than some gratuitous
experiments I have not done any VFX or photo-real work.  For this
reason, we're looking for one or two experienced Houdini TDs willing to
work/consult on the project from afar.  Ideally it would be one Houdini
God to supervise part-time plus a mid-level TD and myself working full
time to execute.  Wages would be at industry rates and commensurate with
experience.  If you have a Master license, great; if not, one can be
rented on your behalf from SESI.  Assets will be developed on our
subversion server.  Collaboration will be by phone, Basecamp, Skype and
a remote preview tool like CineSync (www.cinesync.com/).

If you have the demonstrated ability to carry out a shot like that
mentioned, please contact me direct at the email below with:
   - experience/resume
   - link to your reel
   - availability
   - wage sought (US dollars/day)

Of course, feel free to share this email around to other Houdniks.

Cheers,
Darran.

P.S. Here's a Google Earth view of the actual slide area.
   http://www.edmstudio.com/houdini/07H13-frankslide.png
It buried the town of Frank, Alberta in 1903.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]
http://www.edmstudio.com