[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini On the Spot by Craig Zerouni

Floyd Gillis floyd at afcg.com
Thu Aug 16 16:15:31 EDT 2007

That was strange... I'll try this again...

-------------------------------------

Coincidently, I just received a notice from Amazon.com that my copy of
"Houdini on the Spot" has been shipped.

I have to second what Doug mentions below... it's sometimes difficult to
get a good understanding of some of the new and powerful tools in
Houdini.when you're a "one man band" and not able to attend training
sessions or spend vast amounts of time researching how a tool should
work.  The books, tutorials, and examples are a great help.

Just wanted to add... when making tutorials and examples (especially for
introductions to fluids, dops, pbr, sss, vops, deep-anything, etc)
please don't forget to include what may seem like the most obviously
simple steps or basic concepts.  Very often it's those simple steps or
basic concepts that trigger an "a-ha!" moment and causes the more
complex parts to fall into place.

Floyd