[Sidefx-houdini-list] CHOP Parameter Overide

Miguel Méndez Menéndez miguel at navegante.org
Wed Aug 1 17:39:48 EDT 2007

It's been a long time since I did this technique (or use houdini
itself, sadly, now I have to work with lightwave) so I can't give you
exact steps but here's how I did it, it's very easy:

Feed the geo to CHOPs and lag to taste, send back to SOPs. Now what I
used to do was to feed both the original and processed geo to a blend
sop and use a hand painted weight map to mix them. So you basically
get a per point amount of lag in SOPs instead of CHOPs.

It worked great for creature wiggly tissue, and with pretty much
realtime feedback. Just paint more weight where you want more lag.

You can make this more sophisticated with different wiggle "styles"
using more lag chops and mixing them.

regards,
Miguel