[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT: Monitors

Robert Persons robert at adtechinc.com
Wed Aug 1 12:42:31 EDT 2007

Alex,

I'm probably not the one to ask since I've been using older (no longer
available equipment).   For the last fifteen years I've been measuring
monitor color temp and levels with a high end Minolta color analyzer
normally sold to CRT manufacturers ($8,500 price fifteen years ago).

Now that I have to buy LCD monitors I found (strangely) that the probe
doesn't handle LCD screens the same way.  As a quick fix I'm using
Spyder2 Pro, which works reasonably well, but am looking for a more
professional solution.  Maybe someone on the list can make a
recommendation for a professional level color probe and software for
LCDs?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Persons