[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Mental Ray

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Aug 1 10:29:20 EDT 2007

Having worked exclusively with Mantra for such a long time
I've definitely seen some major developments and improvements
over the years.

But it's most interesting to see what appears to be a significant
shift in attitude ( toward Mantra) over the last 5 years or
so from those who have traditionally used other renderers
such as PRman or MR.

I'm assuming VOPs has played a big role in this attitude shift.
But ( if anyone cares to share their opinions) it would be great
to hear about other points of comparison that have really helped
to sell people on Mantra over recent years ................ simply
to help get a better perspective on the issue.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Larry