[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Mental Ray

Dragos Stefan ds_list at dsg.ro
Wed Aug 1 03:37:13 EDT 2007

It's true that Mantra is very cool and price effective, but: Mental Ray
can still be good for some raytracing jobs and, more importantly, it
comes bundled with all the competing Houdini packages: Max, Maya, XSI.
That means there are many chances for a Houdini license to land in a
studio which already has experienced MRay people and maybe internal
shader libraries, adn maybe a renderfarm populated with Mental Ray
standalones. It can make the Houdini integration easier if Houdini is
nice to Mental Ray :)

Dragos