[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini licences

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:28:52 EDT 2007

Hi Adrian,
     There is nothing stopping you doing the Apprentice/Master combo,
but I worked with someone who accidentally loaded an Apprentice OTL
file, worked for quite a while without noticing that her Houdini had
become Apprentice and then we spent a long time trying to save the
work she had done :(
      The precaution that I recommend is: If you are at any time going
to work on a production shot with Houdini, avoid Apprentice. If,
however, you are learning Houdini and won't be doing production with
it then it's fairly safe to use Apprentice. The biggest problem is OTL
files, as they silently turn Houdini into Apprentice with no warning.
That's a major bug, IMHO.

Cheers,

Peter B