[Sidefx-houdini-list] Undoing a Cubic (or a smooth)

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Thu Apr 26 04:27:26 EDT 2007

You could just use a cache SOP, blend position on, and add a spare
channel called look, (or, if you must, "foo").  Then in the "index" parm
use chf("./look", $FF), and a it should look up the filenumber,
according to the look curve.  I found this is a great way to re-time,
for example, a DOPs sim to get some event to coincide with another.

Sean

Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) wrote:
> So I just ran a big long simulation based on some animated geometry. The channel (let's call it "foo") goes from 0 to 1 along a cubic() curve for 600 frames. Then I wrote out the geometry for each frame.
>
> Now I want to choose the correct file for my file SOP based on the foo channel. But I want to change the timing of the foo channel. If I want it to go from 0 to 1 in 150 frames with a linear() curve, what should I do?
>
> Should I use two file SOPs and a blend object to interpolate between two frames?
>
> Also, if I do use a linear() over 600, the animation will look like it's got the cubic() built in. What would the inverse of the cubic() be to make it linear again?
>
> Dave

Sean Lewkiw
--
Rainmaker Digital