[Sidefx-houdini-list] Undoing a Cubic (or a smooth)

Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) dave.johnson at ngc.com
Wed Apr 25 14:41:53 EDT 2007

So I just ran a big long simulation based on some animated geometry. The channel (let's call it "foo") goes from 0 to 1 along a cubic() curve for 600 frames. Then I wrote out the geometry for each frame.

Now I want to choose the correct file for my file SOP based on the foo channel. But I want to change the timing of the foo channel. If I want it to go from 0 to 1 in 150 frames with a linear() curve, what should I do?

Should I use two file SOPs and a blend object to interpolate between two frames?

Also, if I do use a linear() over 600, the animation will look like it's got the cubic() built in. What would the inverse of the cubic() be to make it linear again?

Dave