[Sidefx-houdini-list] COPs > File exists / File doesn't exist - Switch

Pete Wallace pies4peter at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:26:20 EDT 2007

Hello chaps,
    I'm currently trying to get COPs to reliably use a Switch COP
to pass through a second input  - if the first (A File COP) can't pull a file off disk.

Although the File COP is putting out a valid black frame under these circumstances,
the Switch COP errors red, if one of it's inputs isn't evaluating properly.

I thought the SwitchCOP example using string-length might help, but neither
that or a pic() evaluation of the image seems to help the nodes problems.

Does anyone have a tried and tested way of doing this?

cheers,
Pete