[Sidefx-houdini-list] COPS - Average Colour Luminance in Image

Pete Wallace pies4peter at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:57:39 EDT 2007

Hello chaps,
      Does anyone know a good way of extracting the average luminace across a whole image in COPs?
I've tried using picni to grab CLUM - of the same image scaled to 1x1 pixel,  and that worked with flat colours of course

  but in practice - when i'm trying to use video images, I frequently get really unrepresentative values.
Should i be blurring or something to avoid the scale filter diving into dark values?
Or is there a better way...

cheers,
Pete