[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering directly to mplay through MTOR

Peter Baldwin peter_and_emily at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 19 07:35:52 EDT 2007

Sean,
The proto_install command can install the correct driver for Houdini
(RManDisplay.inst). This means you can render to mplay directly via MTor
(as it overrides the framebuffer defaults). Just change the "Display
Server" in Maya's renderman globals to be "framebuffer" rather than "it"
and it'll do exactly what you want.
This will also mean that you can view your textures/DSM's via Alfred
with mplay as the sho command is also overridden.

Pete