[Sidefx-houdini-list] Auto-recursion feature useful?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:46:35 EDT 2007

Hi,
     Does anyone find the Auto-Recursion feature useful? I'm refering
the Background Image dialog referencing the frame number from the
camera... which means the camera ends up referencing itself causing a
recursion error. I have no idea how I get into this mode, but it's a
great example of Houdini trying to think for me and ultimately blowing
up.
      I can't figure out why I can't just enter the frame number in
the Background Images, why does it have to try to tie to the camera?
It almost never works properly... It gets worse when the Camera is in
a locked OTL too.

Cheers,

peter B