[Sidefx-houdini-list] help unix command

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:13:24 EDT 2007

Hi Luca,
     You should be able to come up with a magical combination of \'
that works, I have to do this as well from within Houdini. The problem
is that because you're setting a variable, then evaluating the
variable, you may have to double-escape it like so:

\\\'

which will put the \ also into the string. Right now, with the single
escape, the \ doesn't go into the $str variable.

I think :) I find that I have to play around a lot to get this kind of
thing to work because you're passing escape characters through
multiple levels of Houdini and the shell.

Cheers,

Peter B