[Sidefx-houdini-list] help unix command

Luca Zappala luca at cinesite.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 06:50:18 EDT 2007

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with this:
I'm on linux and would like to execute a shell command from inside houdini.
the shell command must read   publish3d -d path -e user -g 3R -c
'comment bla bla bla'
This is part of the hscript I wrote:
set str = "rsh fruit-master publish3d -d
"$strShotPath"/outputs/renders/"$strRFilename" -e "$strLogin" -g 3R -c
'"$strCommentNew"'"
unix $str
unfortunately the comment parameter is not transferred because it gets
truncated at the ' (single quote) position.
I tried replacing ' with \' , " and \"  unsuccessfully.

Any idea?
Thanks
Luca

p.s.
My current workaround is to edit the comment string and replace all
spaces with underscore, and sending the comment as one word (this
doesn't require single quotes).