[Sidefx-houdini-list] Reading the particle life in chops

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:00:38 EDT 2007

2007/4/13, Garman Lists <garman_lists at sbcglobal.net>:

> Any tips on reading particle life attribute in chops?

Along the simulation to modify it in runtime, or after the sim?
To read after the sim you can use Geometry CHOP, reading a bgeo sequence,
and read the life attribute, put it into two channels and with a Math  get
the life ratio.
 To read during the simulation, now cames to my mind some solution, is a
little but I suppose it could work.
Create a spare channel in the source POP, or a Property, it doesn't matter,
or maybe a Null will be cleaner.
And in the Spare channel use $LIFE as it value. The embeed a CHOP network
and into it use a Fetch CHOP to read the spare channel you have created.
I think this could work, but I haven't tried it :)
Hope this helps

-Garman

Un saludo
Best Regards