[Sidefx-houdini-list] Edit Curve With Lock Length, Like Maya

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 12:12:02 EDT 2007

Hi Ken & All HDk Pros ...

Thanks for the reply.
I am also trying to make the same thing through  HDK. For the science behind it I am referring to "Length Preserving Multiresolution Editing of Curves" Paper. I could understand some points but not all.

I don't know how to solve the system of  linear equations given in final eq. 4.
How to remove the Lagrange Multipliers, while using HDK?
If you can explain it in detail, nothing like it.

Plz Help.... Waiting for ur reply.....

-----iamjaideep80

ken <ken at corefa.com> wrote: Short story, inside the editSOP there isn't a way to do this. All you
can do post process over the curve and put it back to the right length.

We have our own editSOP for wires we built ontop of the editSOP via the
HDK so we can style curves for our fur/hair system. Our clever
developers put in a few nice features to help with editing splines via
different modes of interation....rope, spring, spline interpolation
etc... on top of that it will allow you to maintain length of the curve.
(this is optional)... So it 'can' be done..unfortunately you don't have
a nice, quick button in Houdini to do this.

As Simon suggests you can resample to get your original length back (for
the most part)

-k