[Sidefx-houdini-list] Slide over Geometry

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Wed Apr 11 12:25:11 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Pressuming that you want to render the traced outline as a surface you
probably need to subdivide it.
That subdivided surface might have enough points to use with the Lattice
Sop.
In the Lattice Sop switch on "point lattice" and input the wavy geo and
non wavy geo to deform the particle.

Simular you could store the positions of the wavy geo in an custom
attribute. Then Attribute Copy that back to the non wavy geo.
Attribute Transfer that custom attibute to the particle and use it to
position the particle.

Another way would depend on how the waves are created. If that was with
any expression based on P then you could apply the same waves to the
particle.
So you could just copy the nodes that create the waves on the traced geo
and apply them to the particles as well.

cheers,
benS