[Sidefx-houdini-list] Slide over Geometry

jason lam j.lam81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:01:55 EDT 2007

by 'a particle' are you implying that you only want 1 thingy stuck to the
surface?
if you're not using very many objects gliding over your trace soped image,
you can use a ray sop to maintain a point an arbitary distance from a
surface. and then have total freedom in the other dimensions.

otherwise i know that there is, in maya at least, and i'm sure houdini does
too, i just dont know the commans off the top of my head, but if you emit
from a surface and then animate the particles motions via the UV
co-ordinates.
 something like
particle.U = time/2
particle.V = time

in houdini, i thiknwhat does that is with the creep POP, not the creep SOP

Jais