[Sidefx-houdini-list] Edit Curve With Lock Length, Like Maya

ken ken at corefa.com
Wed Apr 11 08:43:08 EDT 2007

Short story, inside the editSOP there isn't a way to do this. All you
can do post process over the curve and put it back to the right length.

We have our own editSOP for wires we built ontop of the editSOP via the
HDK so we can style curves for our fur/hair system. Our clever
developers put in a few nice features to help with editing splines via
different modes of interation....rope, spring, spline interpolation
etc... on top of that it will allow you to maintain length of the curve.
(this is optional)... So it 'can' be done..unfortunately you don't have
a nice, quick button in Houdini to do this.

As Simon suggests you can resample to get your original length back (for
the most part)

-k