[Sidefx-houdini-list] Slide over Geometry

brian goodwin brian.r.goodwin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 03:27:31 EDT 2007

Hey there

Have you tried using a collision pop, and setting that too slide on
collision?
or using the creep SOP, and not the creep POP?

Is there appropriate detail on the geom?
because normally when u trace an image, you normally just get the outline
you can fix that by using a divide sop, with bricker enabled.

i hope any of this works.

brian

On 4/11/07, A Daly <andaly.sidefx at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used a trace SOP to create geometry from an image. The geometry has
> fluctuations in height (waves in it). I want a particle to glide over the
> surface of this geometry going up and down with the fluctuations. I've
> attempted using the Creep SOP within the POP network with no luck. Any
> suggestions for an alternative way to get the particle to stick to the
> surface? I've heard of using primUV but don't know much about how that
> works.
>
> Thanks

brian