[Sidefx-houdini-list] copy along normals

Rob Pieké rob-p at moving-picture.com
Tue Apr 10 13:49:30 EDT 2007

For clarification:
* what exactly do you mean by "some areas that are slanted"?
* how are you generating the hairs?

You should be able to copy-stamp a Z translation which matches the hair
length. Where you will run into trouble is in concave areas with high
curvature, where the hairs will interpenetrate and the tips of some
hairs will be inside the "volume" of other hairs. If this is the problem
you're seeing and hoping to avoid, shifting the pollen further along the
normal will not necessarily alleviate the issue.

Cheers!