[Sidefx-houdini-list] copy along normals

Edmond Earl Smith ees041000 at utdallas.edu
Tue Apr 10 13:22:35 EDT 2007

Hey everyone,

I have a model of a bee that has hairs copied to it.  The hairs stand
out alog the normals.  I also copied small pollen spheres to the bee.
I want to move each pollen outward along the normals so that they will
be at the ends of the hairs.  I've tried several approaches but the
pollen doesn't move outward in the direction of the hairs they just
shift in each demension.  Any ideas on how to get them to move out from
the body in the exact direction of the normals (hairs).

thanks,
Eddie