[Sidefx-houdini-list] bounding box for an arbitrary list of objects?

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Fri Apr 6 14:44:43 EDT 2007

Peter Bowmar wrote:
> Does your solution involve an Object Merge + a Bound SOP? 'cause
> that's what I've done in the past :)

No.  I dismissed ObjectMerge as you need to specify the number of
objects.  I don't a priori know the list of objects since the artist
chooses this via the Mantra ROP's visibility list.

Maybe though, instead of 1 ObjectMerge with N objects specified, perhaps
I could use N ObjectMerges.  Not by laying them down though, but by
replicating and stamping the object locations via a Copy SOP.  What I'd
need then is to create an N-point template with a string point attribute
corresponding to the fully-qualified path of each object in the Mantra
visibility list.

Okay, off to find out how to expand an object list ...

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]
Interactive visualization for museums and industry