[Sidefx-houdini-list] Creating a Metaball "Cast"

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Thu Apr 5 11:47:46 EDT 2007

CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com wrote:
> Not sure if anyone replied to this, but add a Measure SOP and set it  to
> "Area" and then add your Scatter SOP and set it to use the "Area"  attribute.
> This Scatters based on Primitive area and will disperser your  points better.

Doesn't the "scatter based on primitive area" toggle in the Scatter SOP
do exactly this?  (I'm guessing that it hasn't always been there and
"Measure" + "Scatter" has become part of your muscle-memory workflow,
right? ;-)

Cheers,
Darran

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]
Interactive visualization for museums and industry