[Sidefx-houdini-list] problem with Merge SOP

Christopher Spears cspears2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 01:36:22 EDT 2007

I'm trying to model a beer bottle for a class.  I have
two texture maps (the labels) and a brown glass
shader. I have been trying to figure out a way to
combine all three.

An artist at work suggested I create a "sticker", a
piece of geometry that exists on the outside of the
bottle, for the labels.  I created a sticker and used
the Merge SOP to combine it with the bottle's
geometry.  However, the Merge SOP gave me a yellow
flag: "A mis-match of attributes on the inputs was
detected. Some attribute values may not be initialized
to expected values."

When I rendered the bottle with fast_mantra, I noticed
the label was reversed.  If the text of the label was
facing towards me in the viewport, then the back of
the label would render.  When I viewed the text of the
rendered label, the text was reversed.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

"I'm the last person to pretend that I'm a radio.  I'd rather go out and be a color television set."
-David Bowie

"Who dares wins"
-British military motto

"I generally know what I'm doing."