[Sidefx-houdini-list] Python in Houdini 9

Lutz Paelike lutz_p at gmx.net
Tue Oct 31 06:28:42 EST 2006

I remember talking to Jeff Wagner a couple of years ago about integrating Python into Houdini
(i wrote a Python plugin for Maya) and he said something like "I think this is a waste of time."

No offense Jeff ;)

Finally the good stuff prevails..

I guess it is integrated as a shared library, that means it is possible to replace standard python
with e.g. stackless python. ( http://www.stackless.com )

Thanks SESI this is amazing news.

Cheers,

Lutz