[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra crops

Jeff Wagner jeff at sidefx.com
Sat Oct 28 11:43:39 EDT 2006

What about a post-process directly on the single ifd using a simple
shell script that modifies the generated ifd to do the same thing?

Just need to insert a ray_crop <x_min> <x_max> <y_min> <y_max> line
after the ray_projection line (that's where it usually shows up if you
have non-default crop settings).
Next generate a temp ifd and pass to mantra for as many times you crop
up the image with appropriate ray_crop values as needed with two nested
while loops.
I have done this in the past and it works just fine. You have two ifd's
on disk at once and not all the necessary ones. Great if you have ifd's
that are very large.

Post render script?
Could also use ROP script nodes after the main mantra node to simply
execute scripts to do this visually. Would need m x n number of nodes...

I do agree that this would be nice as a built-in feature. Raise the crop
options to the mantra command options? Mark would know the best way.

-jeff