[Sidefx-houdini-list] Stereo Cameras

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Fri Oct 27 12:52:27 EDT 2006

On Friday Oct 27 at 15:44, Dan Seddon wrote:
> You could use the Window X/Y offset to do what you want - I think it's
> more correct than using the crop as it's post-perspective in terms of
> it's transform (which I think is more correct - but could be completely
> wrong).

Yes, the window channels are what you want.

By shifting the origin of the window, you can "match" the left and
right eye projection, similar to the "correct" method.

This does require two renders from two different cameras...  But it's
stereo.

The easiest way to get alignment is to create a grid which matches the
"Projection Plane (screen)" in the "correct" diagram.  You'll then
want to shift the window offset so that the grid fills the screen for
both the left & right eye.

When you make the OTL, make sure to put it on the exchange :-)