[Sidefx-houdini-list] Stereo Cameras

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Oct 27 10:44:00 EDT 2006

Mark A. Bolstad wrote:

> Searching the mailing list, I saw a couple of previous postings are
> creating stereo images, but none of the methods actually accomplish
> what I need. We're going to a show with a large projection system that
> is running a passive stereo system (very cool system that uses color
> shifting instead of polorization).
>
> What I need is a way to compute a pair of asymmetrically-skewed
> cameras. I have parented a left and right eye camera with what appears
> to be the correct eye separation. What I need is a way to set up the
> cameras similar to this (see "Correct method):
>
> http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/stereographics/stereogl/
>
> It's easy to setup the toe in method, but I would like the method above.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark

You could use the Window X/Y offset to do what you want - I think it's
more correct than using the crop as it's post-perspective in terms of
it's transform (which I think is more correct - but could be completely
wrong). You'll have to mess around with numbers to get it right though,
if you're not sure about this perhaps your could create a number of
reference objects to define your field of views (a bit like a look at
null) and mess around with the numbers until they fit.

Cheers

Dan