[Sidefx-houdini-list] Stereo Cameras

Mark A. Bolstad mbolstad at arl.army.mil
Fri Oct 27 09:32:43 EDT 2006

Searching the mailing list, I saw a couple of previous postings are
creating stereo images, but none of the methods actually accomplish what
I need. We're going to a show with a large projection system that is
running a passive stereo system (very cool system that uses color
shifting instead of polorization).

What I need is a way to compute a pair of asymmetrically-skewed cameras.
I have parented a left and right eye camera with what appears to be the
correct eye separation. What I need is a way to set up the cameras
similar to this (see "Correct method):

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/stereographics/stereogl/

It's easy to setup the toe in method, but I would like the method above.

Thanks,

Mark