[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra crops

Simon Barrick simon at primalpictures.com
Thu Oct 26 13:45:13 EDT 2006

Thought for the day....

Whenever we are rendering really big print res frames with lots of
geometry in we crop each frame up into 6-8 pieces and render each bit
seperately. This is unbelievably quicker than trying to do the whole
thing at once plus much less likely to fail. I've been doing this for
ages and now I've started thinking why the heck can't mantra do this
process internally? You'd think that it was doing that with buckets
anyway but yet cropping the frame always makes it quicker and more
stable. Has anyone else noticed this? If I'm not imagining it surely
this would be a nice feature for mantra....

Ta
Si