[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point Attributes to Instanced Geometry

Robert Persons robert at adtechinc.com
Thu Oct 26 13:08:43 EDT 2006

I'm using point instancing and would like to transfer attributes to the
instances.  In this case I'm instancing a 3D house model to points on a
2D poly.  Each house has several materials. I'd like to transfer the
Alpha and Cd attributes from the points to all the points on the
instanced model.  I could use the copy SOP but we're talking of hundreds
of instances so the geometry would get too dense . I really need to use
point instancing in some way.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Robert