[Sidefx-houdini-list] Fireball

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 12:26:07 EDT 2006

Motion is kind of tricky without a fluid sim. You need the "hottest"
particles to rise fastest, and share their heat with those around
them. In addition you need their rise to create backward spinning
vortices in the areas around the hottest column of fire. Quite a Pops
challenge. As for rendering - people have tended to use volumetric
rendering for the best results. Alternately some cool sprite shader
could do the trick - especially if your sprite colors can look up the
temperature attrs on the particles.

Good Luck!!

Cheers