[Sidefx-houdini-list] Eigenvalue To Color Water

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 08:24:10 EDT 2006

Hi Everybody....

I got it. It was pretty simple. Didn't see the hidden attributes in the code.
its "jminus" float attribute. Now I will play with it to get the look.

------iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
TD,Sciclone Motion Graphics

Jaideep Khadilkar <iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Everybody....

With some expirements I figured out that there is a "Import Displacement Attrib" Op in Vops. I also tried it using a simple turb noise in disp, exporting the turb amount and importing that into shader to color the surface. And it worked fine.

Now I just want to know the name and type of the Attibute that has the eigenvalue information exported by Ocean Toolkit...
I tried using "eigenvalue" as a float and vector but doesn't work.
Does any boy know????

------iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
TD,Sciclone Motion Graphics

Jaideep Khadilkar  wrote: Hello everybody....

I was experimenting with the Houdini Ocean Toolkit.
It is pretty good with the displacement. I wanted to make some good surface shader for the ocean which has got white foam floating .On Odwiki, it says, use eigenvalue to color the areas for the foam. I also saw that, the ocean_displace shader exports eigenvalues. But I don't know how to use it.

Also I want to know how to export any attribute from displcement to surface shader.