[Sidefx-houdini-list] Sprites and Mantra

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:26:06 EDT 2006

I had this problem once with leaf shapes on square cards. I seem to
remember something  being added to mantra afterwards which solved this
problem. Maybe it was this (look in deep raster tab of mantra rop):

---------------------------------------

Sample Filters (Mantra)

A sample filter determines how a list of samples is collapsed to a
single sample value, for later application of a Pixel Filter. Sample
lists will usually only have a single entry for a fully opaque
surface, but may be larger when many semi-transparent objects cover
that pixel. Sample filters are only available for deep raster planes.

    * Closest surface - The value from the closest surface is selected.
    * Opacity filtering - The sample values are composited using the
surface opacities.

Tip
For extreme power in post-processing rendered frames, render into the
compositor and use the compositor to process the frames.

So I'm guessing you should try "Opacity filtering". Give it a whirl
and tell us if it works. Sorry for not being more helpful if it
doesn't. :)

Cheers