[Sidefx-houdini-list] realtime houdini. ?

luc froehlicher lulu at alamaison.fr
Sat Oct 14 04:48:42 EDT 2006

hi everyone

I have a friend setting up a mocap studio and he asked me a few
questions regarding RealTime animation capabilities in Houdini.
I thought I pass the questions here trying to have a more objective answer.
thanks for the comments ...

cheers
luc

/We are interested in finding out which are its true REAL TIME
capabilities (as opposed to mere off-line tools)./
/
/
/1) Does it has RT device input drivers for:/
/ - optical mocap/
/ - magnetic trackers/
/ - gloves (specially CyberGlove)/
/ - mocon/
/
/
/2) Does it has any mapping/retargetting tools in RT?/
/
/
/3) Does it has any Full IK Skeleton solvers like MotionBuilder that can
work in RT?/
/
/
/4) Does it has any AI or IK character tools based on Sims or DynSims
like Endorphin or Massive?/
/
/
/5) Is it possible to animate cameras in RT using a device input?/
/
/
/6) Does it have a camera switcher for RT?/
/
/
/7) Can it handle RT streaming of video data?/
/
/
/8) Does it have any synching and/or keying tools that work in RT?/
/ - Genlock (synch)/
/ - Time Stamp/
/ - Frame Lock/
/ - Keyer/Layerer/
/
/
/9) Do you know up to how many polys and layers it can render in true RT?/
/

/