[Sidefx-houdini-list] Connected Primitives

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 07:19:57 EDT 2006

Hi Everybody....

There is another problem.
I have added only one primitive, say primitive number 0 to from_prim_grp.
and I want to gets its connected prims. to to_prim_grp.
So I am doing.....

to_prim_group = prim_closure->getPrimitiveClosure(*from_prim_grp);

But it is not working. My to_prim_group also has the same primitive, primitive num  0, in it.
Strange thing is, when I find the point closure instead of prim, like

to_point_group = prim_closure->getPointClosure(*from_prim_grp);

It gives me all the connected points to that primitive, and working fine.

I want to know, where I am going wrong. getPrimitiveClosure gives the group of connected primitives, right?
To test, I am using Polygon Sphere.

-----iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
(Sciclone Motion Graphics)

Simon Barrick <simon at primalpictures.com> wrote: Yup, that's the one. You'll probably need to loop through all the edges or points in your original prim and find the polys connected that way. I don't think there is a direct way of finding prims connected to prims. None that I've used anyway. Be interested to hear if there is though.
Si