[Sidefx-houdini-list] rendering point colors

Rick Walia rickw at the-mill.com
Fri Oct 6 18:22:22 EDT 2006

Hi Luc,

If you append an attribute sop to your sop chain you can rename attributes.

First you have to find out what the name of the channel that you want to
pass to the shader and then to mantra.

As a quick test, in shops get a vex super material shop.
If you hover your mouse over the Diffuse label on the parameters you should
see the little floating help that says
diffr diffg diffb

This shader is looking for the diff parameter name for the diffuse channel.

Now let's go back to sops. If you middle click on your Color Sop  you should
see that you have a point attribute called Cd of vector type.
What we need to do is change the name Cd to diff as the shader above is
expecting that for the diffuse channel.

Append an attribute sop and under the Point tab:
In the From field type Cd
In the To field type diff

Now append a shader sop to this attribute sop and set the surface shader to
the vex super material you created in shops. If you set the render and
display flag on the shader sop, you should be able to render your object
with the same colors as the color sop.

Cheers,

/Rick