[Sidefx-houdini-list] maya camera to houdini

Justin Martin justin at dneg.com
Fri Oct 6 04:33:11 EDT 2006

I'm assuming that facilities that have been using Houdini for a while
have got their translations pretty sorted before Collada came along - no
screaming need for it.

It's immediate benefit would be to smaller facilities or places where
Houdini is new that don't have the monkeys to put onto writing
translation scripts.  Unfortunately, it looks like you need monkeys to
get ColladaMaya into shape for Linux.

Either way, there's no out of the box solution - which is a shame.  Kind
of defeats the purpose.