[Sidefx-houdini-list] maya camera to houdini

Justin Martin justin at dneg.com
Thu Oct 5 10:01:13 EDT 2006

Andrew D Lyons wrote:

> On a a similar note - has anyone looked at Collada with Maya yet? Is
> there a scriptable interface?

I've had a quick look recently and the main problem is getting Collada
out of Maya on Linux.

My understanding is ... Maya needs ColladaMaya.  You need to get the
source and compile the plugin for Linux.  From what I've seen so far,
this isn't trivial.  Needs a bit of work to get it into shape.  No
makefile, it actually comes as a Microsoft VisualStudio project.  Too
weird for me I'm afraid.

I looked at it for moving camera's from Maya to Houdini and quickly put
it into the "too hard" basket.  Using simple scripts again for now.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with all this.